Company Data Protection Policy
This policy is applicable all parties (including employees, job applicants, customers, suppliers, contractors etc.) who provide information to the Yoma Group.
As part of our operations, the Yoma Group may need to obtain and process information. This information includes any offline or online data that makes a person identifiable such as names, addresses, usernames and passwords, digital footprints, photographs, social security numbers, financial data etc.
The Yoma Group will collect this information in a transparent manner and with the full cooperation and knowledge of interested parties.
The Yoma Group will ensure that the personal data be:
- Collected fairly and for lawful purposes only
- Processed by the company within its legal and moral boundaries
- Protected against any unauthorized or illegal access by internal or external parties
Any personal data will not be:
- Communicated informally
- Stored for more than a specified amount of time
- Transferred to organizations, states or countries that do not have adequate data protection policies
- Distributed to any party other than the ones agreed upon by the data’s owner (exempting legitimate requests from law enforcement authorities)
In the collection of personal information, the Yoma Group also undertakes to:
- inform people that their data is collected
- Inform people about how data is proceed
- Have provisions in case of lost, corrupted or compromised data
- Allow people to request that any data provided in relation to themselves be modified erased, reduced or corrected in the databases.
The Yoma Group will:
- Restrict and monitor access to sensitive data
- Develop transparent data collection procedures
- Train employees in online privacy and security measures
- Build secure networks to protect online data from cyber attacks
- Establish clear procedures for reporting privacy breaches or data misuse
- Include contract clauses or communicate statements on how we handle data
- Establish data protection practices (document shredding, secure locks, data encryption, frequent backups, access authorization etc.)
All principles described in this policy must be strictly followed. A breach of data protection guidelines will invoke disciplinary and possibly legal action.
9.3 Travel Policy
The Global Travel Policy defines standards and guidelines for the usage of the Yoma Group’s subsidies linked to air and land transport (including petrol and toll fees), as well as temporary accommodation whilst travelling for the Yoma Group.
This policy applies to all employees of the Yoma Group.
For more information about the Global Travel Policy, please refer to your respective human resources department and policy document in Yoma Connect.
This Handbook, the guideline and policies of Yoma Group, may be amended when it is deemed necessary by the company.